ANNOUNCE: EuroTeX'95 Conference

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.ruu.nl
Fri Mar 24 17:13:55 CET 1995

The EuroTeX conference 1995, including tutorials, will take place from

                       September 4th until September 8th

in the Netherlands. The conference will be held at Papendal, near the city of
Arnhem.

Papendal is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the Netherlands.
Right in the middle of the vast woods of the province of Gelderland. About
eight kilometers west of Arnhem. Tucked away under the lee of the green
Veluwe-fringe.

The conference starts on September 4th in the afternoon and runs until
September 7th noon.
Thursday afternoon and Friday September 8th are reserved for courses and/or
tutorials.

The theme of the conference is:

			     The TeX Toolbox

Wherever we talk about `TeX' we mean TeX and a format, such as plain, LaTeX,
AMSTeX, etc.

We would like to have talks that deal with topics such as:

   * the integration of TeX in the working environment, or using TeX in full
     (bidirectional) co-operation with all kinds of other applications;
   * conversion to and from TeX;
   * dissemination of typeset material (PostScript, Acrobat);
   * importing text and/or data from other applications (spreadsheets,
     databases) into TeX documents;
   * how to add value to documents by using TeX, so that they can not only be
     easily typeset, but can also be turned into `active' hyperdocuments, by
     translating them into SGML/HTML or Acrobat, or be used as data for
     database searches;
   * multi-discipline, multi-language aspects of TeX;
   * `novel' uses of TeX such as bi/multi-lingual translations/dictionaries,
     legal texts, poetry,...

We would also like to offer courses and/or tutorials on any of the following
topics:

   * introduction to using LaTeX;
   * LaTeX for package and class file writers;
   * Making PostScript (Truetype) fonts available for use in TeX documents;
   * database publishing with (La)TeX;
   * (La)TeX and hypertexts, HTML, SGML, hyperTeX.

If you feel qualified to teach one of these subjects or think other topics
should be covered, please send us your proposal.

Please notice the following (preliminary) deadlines:

April 10th  : date when abstracts should be received
April 20th  : date to tell authors their abstract has been accepted/rejected
May 15th    : date to receive full papers (using LaTeX or EuroTeX style)
June 15th   : date the reviews should be finished
June 25th   : date to receive the final paper

Your abstracts and proposals can be sent to eurotex-papers at cs.ruu.nl

If you have no access to e-mail you can send your contribution to:

     EuroTeX'95 program committee
     Kooienswater 62
     2715 AJ Zoetermeer
     The Netherlands

In such a case we would ask you to submit your paper in electronic form on a
(MS-DOS compatible) floppy disk.

For additional information you may e-mail to eurotex-info at cs.ruu.nl.
Up-to-date information can also be found at the URL:
   http://www.cs.ruu.nl:~piet/eurotex/