[cstex] Generovani formatu v mikTeXu

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Fri Nov 22 14:15:38 CET 2013

Dobry den,

tem hlasenim taky nejak nerozumim, ani nevim, o co se snazite. Nicmene pro
uplnost dodavam dve veci:

- DVI vystup se dela pdftexem, pokud jmeno formatu nezacina na pdf.
   Napriklad csplain.fmt. Pokud zacina na pdf (napriklad pdfcsplain), pak
   implicitne je nastaven PDF vystup.

- Pozadal jsem v zari 2013 Christiana Schenka, aby pridal UTF-8 podporu do
   csplainu a pridal pdfcsplain. Text s mym navrhem zmen a s odpovedi
   pripojuji. Osobne jsem pak nic netestoval, protoze MS Windows
   nepouzivam. A co popisujete se mi jevi tak trochu jako alchymie.

Zdravim

Petr Olsak

Dear Christian,

I have communicated with some users of MikTeX and I have realized that
(may be) there is no simple way to configure the iniTeX options for format
generation. If I understand well the configuration details of MikTeX that
the name of the format is hardliked to the TeX engine and it is able to
read *only* the ``Input file'' for format generation from configuration
data.

So I suggest to add two files to the MikTeX's version of csplain package:

-----------------------------------

csplain.mi:

%&-enc
\enc=u \input csplain.ini

% csplain.mi -- MikTeX ini file
% You can write   pdftex -enc -ini csplain.mi   on the command line or
% you can fill out the "Format Definition" dialog by:
% Format name = csplain, Compiler = pdftex, Input file name = csplain.mi
% The format csplain.fmt with UTF-8 input and DVI otput will be created.

pdfcsplain.mi:

%&-enc
\enc=u \input csplain.ini

% pdfcsplain.mi -- MikTeX ini file
% You can write   pdftex -enc -ini pdfcsplain.mi   on the command line or
% you can fill out the "Format Definition" dialog by:
% Format name = pdfcsplain, Compiler = pdftex, Input file name = pdfcsplain.mi
% The format pdfcsplain.fmt with UTF-8 input and PDF otput will be created.

Is it possible to add these files to the MikTeX and to set the csplain and
the pdfcsplain as the prepared formats?

Thank you

Petr Olsak

Hello Petr,

thank you for the info. I will add these files to the MiKTeX
distribution and change formats.ini accordingly.

Kind regards,
Christian