CTAN submission fromGUST.tar.gz

Reinhard Zierke zierke at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Nov 15 23:18:36 CET 1996

Staszek,

> Finally I decided to upload the stuff concerning Polish language to CTAN,
> as well as some works prepared by the members of the Polish TeX Users Group
> GUST. It's the first time I'm doing it. I'm doing my best but I'm sorry if
> it is not done as expected. ;-)
>
> I would like to let you know that I maintain the GUST ftp server which is
> a selected subset of CTAN archives:
>      ftp.gust.org.pl:/pub/TeX/
>  or  ftp.pg.gda.pl:/pub/TeX/
>
> In order to set up the new archive the following actions are expected
> from your side.

Thanks for your huge contribution.  I installed the files on ftp.dante.de
as requested except when noted (i.e. when I decided to use choose a
different directory structure):

> 1) First of all, please remove obsolete contents of the following directories,
>   yes ALL contents:
>
> language/polish/

removed with the exception of the symbolic link to
macros/latex/contrib/other/ogonek

> support/psview/
>
> and the file:
>
> language/hyphenation/pohyph.tex
>
> 2) Here is the list of files I have uploaded to DANTE with recomended placing:
>
>    language/polish/*
>         The Polish formats for Plain, LaTeX2.09, LateX2e, hyphenation patterns,
>         sources of Polish fonts and TFM files.
>
>    language/hyphenation/plhyph.tex
>         The `official' and _proper_ Polish patterns

installed as a symolic link to language/polish/plhyph.tex

>    macros/TeX-PS/bop-hax.tex
>         macros for landscape, mirror etc. of TeX documents
>
>    macros/TeX-PS/epsfx.tex
>         epsf.tex/sty extension, e.g. draft printing of bounding boxes
>
>    macros/TeX-PS/trans.tex
>         easy transformations of PS objects, scaling, rotation, etc.
>
>    macros/TeX-PS/cmyk-hax/*
>        TeX-PS macros for color separation and substitution
>
>    macros/TeX-PS/poligraf*
>        page preparation for prepress, color separation,
>        crop-marks, color and gray scale bars, booklet preparation, etc.
>
>  IMHO, the macros/TeX-PS block is the right new place for the stuff
>  concerning  TeX and PS
>
>    macros/generic/tap070.zip
>    macros/generic/tap070.readme
>        a TeX package for typesetting tables; it exploits some
>        possibilities offered by PostScript. Easy and powerfull!

installed in  macros/generic/tap/

>    support/ps_conv/*
>        a PostScript program for converting one-page PostScript files
>        into EPS (encapsulated PostScript) files acceptable by
>        CorelDRAW!(R), Adobe Illustrator(TM) and Fontographer(R).
>
>    support/ghostscript/ps_view/*
>        Fast and easy previewing of PS documents!
>        a PostScript preamble providing an interactive environement
>        for previewing PostScript documents. The current version
>        can drive Ghostscript 4.03 interpreter and assumes conformance
>        of the document to the Adobe PostScript structuring conventions.
>        Batch files provided for DOS, however ps_view can be adapted
>        to any operating system.

installed as support/ps_view/ because support/ghostscript is mirrored
from another site

> I prefer such a placement because of close relationship to GhostScript.
>
>    graphics/MF-PS/epstomf/
>    graphics/MF-PS/mftoeps/
>        MFTOEPS: a METAFONT package for generating (encapsulated PostScript) files
>          readable by CorelDRAW!(R), Adobe Illustrator(TM) and Fontographer(R).
>          METAFONT writes PostScript code to a LOG-file, and from the LOG-file
>          the code can be extracted by either TeX or AWK. DOS batch files,
>          TeX source, and AWK source are placed in the subdirectory PROGS.
>
>        EPSTOMF: a tiny AWK script for converting EPS files into MF lingo.
>                 EPS files should conform the conventions of the MFTOEPS package.
>                 Such files are generated, e.g., by a Ghostscript utility which
>                 can be found in a directory ../PS/PS_CONV.
>
>        ROEX:    a set of METAFONT macros for accomplishing operations known
>                 as `removing overlaps' and `expanding stroke.' It can work
>                 with ``normal'' METAFONT programs, but is meant mainly for
>                 using with MFTOEPS; in this context it seems most natural.
>
>        PROGS:   a directory containing DOS batch files, AWK and TeX programs
>                 used by the packages listed above.
>
> Thank you for your excelent work on maintaining CTAN archives.
>
> On behalf of GUST Management,
> Chears,
>
> Staszek Wawrykiewicz
> <staw at eti.pg.gda.pl>
> <staszek at ipipan.gda.pl>

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team

--
Reinhard Zierke                       Universitaet Hamburg, FB Informatik
zierke at informatik.uni-hamburg.de      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30, D-22527 Hamburg