EuroTex94 (fwd)

Petr Sojka sojka at erebor.ics.muni.cz
Wed Mar 9 09:51:25 CET 1994

: Date:    Tue, 08 Mar 94 17:17:14 +0700
: Subject: EuroTeX '94
: From:    EuroTeX 94 <eurotex at halina.univ.gda.pl>
:
: Dear Sir,
:
: The EuroTeX conference this year will take place in Poland
: during the last week of September.
: For your convenience I am sending you an announcement
: to appear in TeXhax.
:
:                         Yours very sincerely,
:                           W{\l}odek Bzyl
:                         Conference Organiser.
:
: ============================================================================
: EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94  EuroTeX
: ============================================================================
:
: Is North America too far / too expensive / too alien a culture?
: Then come to EuroTeX '94, _the_ TeX conference of the year.
: EuroTeX will take place at Sobieszewo on an idyllic island off
: the coast of Gdansk in Poland.  The conference will run from Monday
: September 26th to Friday September 30th, and the _maximum_ cost
: (based on two persons sharing) will not exceed $260-00 / sterling
: 175-00 / DM 450-00.  Those arriving early on Monday will be able
: to take part in a guided tour of the old town of Gdansk, whilst
: Tuesday to Thursday will be jam-packed with talks and tutorials
: on TeX and related topics.
:
: All delegates will be accommodated in a single building, and for
: the whole week will be cut off from civilisation: no
: distractions, no need to leave the island: everything will be
: provided.  For those unable to sustain the pace, quiet meditative
: walks along the shore searching for amber will provide the ideal
: opportunity for therapeutic meditation.
:
: Papers are solicited _now_, and early registration for the
: conference is advised: with its Central European location and
: idyllic setting, the conference is expected to attract many
: delegates.  If you are even _thinking_ of coming, then you are
: urged to return the form below: we will then add you to the
: mailing list and keep you posted about any changes in the
: schedule.  Please note the following deadlines:
:
: Abstracts for papers: no later than 1 May 1994;
: Final papers: 15th August 1994;
:
: Provisional registration: 1 June 1994 (no charge for cancellation);
: Confirmed registration: 1 September 199 (cancellation charged at 50%);
: Late registration: 15th September 1994 (no cancellation possible);
:
: Bursaries: as with the combined EuroTeX/TUG meeting at Aston last year,
: it is hoped to be able to offer financial assistance to delegates who
: would otherwise be unable to attend; of course, we cannot be sure at
: this stage that sponsors will be as generous as they were last year,
: but intending delegates who will need assistance in order to be able to
: attend should indicate in the space provided the _minimum_ bursary
: which would allow them to be able to attend, and should give clear
: reasons why they are applying.  All applications will be treated in the
: strictest confidence.  Delegates who are in no need of a bursary and
: who are able to assist others less fortunate are urged to pledge a
: donation in the space provided.
:
: Tutorials and Courses: It is intended to offer both tutorials (which
: will take place during the week of the conference proper), and courses
: (which will take place during the week following the conference);
: proposed topics include book design and LaTeX-2e, but no firm decisions
: have yet been taken on topics, durations or costs.  Further details
: concerning this area will be circulated as soon as they are known, and
: space has been provided on the provisional registration form (below) in
: which both to indicate an interest in tutorials/courses and to suggest
: possible topics.
:
:
: - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
: To the Conference Organisers, EuroTeX '94:
: C/o W{\l}odek Bzyl, Department of Mathematics, University of Gdansk, Poland
:     E-mail: Wlodek Bzyl (Mathematics) <EuroTeX at Halina.Univ.Gda.Pl>
:
: Yes, I hope to attend EuroTeX '94!  Please add my name and address to
: your mailing list and keep me posted of developments.
:
: Name: _____________________________________________________________________
:
: Address: __________________________________________________________________
:
:          __________________________________________________________________
:
:          __________________________________________________________________
:
:          __________________________________________________________________
:
: E-mail:  __________________________________________________________________
:
: Phone:   __________________________________________________________________
:
: Fax:     __________________________________________________________________
:
:
: [Please either complete (where appropriate) or strike through / delete
:  each of the following sections]
:
:
: [1: proposed paper]
:
: I would like to present a paper entitled __________________________________
:
: ___________________________________________________________________________
:
: ___________________________________________________________________________
:
: Expected duration including questions (max: 1 1/2 hours) __________________
:
:
:
: [2: Special needs]
:
: I have no special dietary needs / am a vegetarian / am a vegan / have
:
: other dietary needs: ______________________________________________________
:
:
:
: I am fully mobile / need assistance with __________________________________
:
: ___________________________________________________________________________
:
:
:
: I would like to share a room with _________________________________________
:
: (or) I would prefer a single room
:
:
:
: [3: Bursary scheme]
:
: I am able to cover my own conference expenses / am willing to donate ______
:
: to the Bursary fund / would like to apply for not less than _______________
:
: from the Bursary fund for the following reasons: __________________________
:
: ___________________________________________________________________________
:
: ___________________________________________________________________________
:
:
:
:
: [4: Tutorials/courses]
:
: (Note: `Tutorials' are usually of one day or less; `courses' are
:  usually of  one day or more.  Although no firm decisions have been
:  taken at this stage,  it is possible that tutorials will be free of
:  charge whilst courses will be charged for.  Every effort will be made
:  to ensure that even charged-for courses are affordable and in line
:  with local currency values.)
:
: I would be interested in attending a tutorial or course on one or more
:
: of the following subjects: _________________________________________________
:
: ____________________________________________________________________________
:
: ____________________________________________________________________________
:
:
: EuroTeX '94  EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX
:
:
:
: ------- End of Forwarded Message