[cstex] TeXLive for free ?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:12:50 CEST 2008

2008/7/30, mohamed amine bahayou <amine.bahayou at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I have difficulties to download the TeXLive 2008. We have a poor internet
> connexion in Algeria. May I ask if there is any possibility to request the
> TeXLive on DVD from tug.org or ctan.org (or any other source) ?
>  Many thanks for any help you may offer me in this matter.

As Jonathan already wrote you, TeXLive 2008 is not finished yet and
changes every day, maybe even several times a day. Having static image
on a DVD now is not very useful. Anyway, if you want to get a DVD, it
will certainly be available from DANTE whenever it is finished. Its
price is just the price of the media and postage. You can also
consider becoming a TUG member or a member of a local users group. A
great many users groups also buy TeXLive DVD's for their members. You
can try whether there is a users group in Algeria. At least there is a
users group in Maroc, there was a TUG meeting in 2006 in Cadi Ayyad
university in Marrakech, you can try to ask them. It will cost you
some money but remember that some people make TeX support as a part of
their regular job and part of their salaries is refunded from
donations of users groups and the users groups take money from
membership fee. Thus you relatively small amount of money will be used
not only for benefits for you but also for further development of such
a nice software as TeX certainly is.

Sincerely,

--
Zdeněk Wagner