fwd: BachoTeX '99

Martin Bily BILY at cs.felk.cvut.cz
Sun Mar 7 17:11:03 CET 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maria Jolanta Szelatynska <mjsz at uck.uni.torun.pl>
To: apostolo at platon.ee.duth.gr, astex at univ-orleans.fr, Bojan.Golli at ijs.si,
    cstex at cs.felk.cvut.cz, cstug at cstug.cz, cstugm at cs.felk.cvut.cz,
    cyrtug at cemi.rssi.ru, dag at ifi.uio.no, dante at dante.de,
    gervacio at skyinet.net, gut at irisa.fr, ITALIC-L at irlearn.ucd.ie,
    jsanchez at gmv.es, nordictex at ifi.uio.no, ntg at ntg.nl,
    ntug-board at ifi.uio.edu, pflynn at eolas.ucc.ie, president at cstug.cz,
    saar at aai.ee, spanish-tex at eunet.es, statulevicius at mii.lt,
    tex.ceh at fmf.uni-lj.si, tug at tug.org, tugindia at mailexcite.com,
    uktug-enquiries at tex.ac.uk, vytass at ktl.mii.lt
Subject: BachoTeX '99

:: ====================================================================== ::
::         GUST Annual Meeting May 1--3, 1999, Bachotek                   ::
::               (Brodnica Lake District, Poland)                         ::
:: ====================================================================== ::

The 7th annual meeting of the Polish TeX Users' Group (GUST) will
be held in Bachotek, Brodnica Lake District, May 1--3, 1999.
We invite TeX users, no matter where from, to join us. The theme
of the meeting is

            PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING

As the theme suggests, we would like to concentrate on the practical
aspects of the TeX aided production of electronically published scientific
and technical documents. Papers on related topics are of course not
excluded. The list of possible topics is:

  --- Tools: TeX-ware, editors, drivers etc\dots;
  --- Specialized macros and formats;
  --- Fonts;
  --- Multimedia publications;
  --- PostScript, PDF, SGML, HTML, XML, MathML, tools and applications;
  --- Paper publications vs electronic publishing;
  --- Textual databases;
  --- Typography issues;
  --- Standards;
  --- Other.

As always, the conference programme will be completed with TUTORIALS.
Provisional programme will be annouced a.s.a.p.:

          http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/99-e.html

Paper submissions, proposals for tutorials and remarks relating to
the programme of the meeting should be sent to the Programme
Committee: Wlodzimierz Macewicz, Politechnika Warszawska, Instytut
Automatyki i Informatyki Stosowanej, ul. Nowowiejska 15/19, 00-665 Warszawa,
(W.Macewicz at ia.pw.edu.pl).

Lectures in English are also welcomed. The deadline for submissions
is 31 March 1999. As it is planned that the conference proceedings will
be published as a special issue of the GUST bulletin the Programme
Committee strongly encourages oral presentations be complemented with
written material.

The conference fee (which includes accommodation and catering)
is 395 PLN for LUG members and 445 PLN  for others (4 PLN is approx
1 US dollar). Students fee is  285 PLN and 320 PLN, respectively.

Attendees may arrive Thursday, 29th April, afternoon. The fee for
the additional day is 65 PLN.

For more information, please contact the GUST secretary,
Jola Szelaty\'nska, Uniwersyteckie Centrum Komputeryzacj UMK,
Gagarina 7, 87-100 Toru\'n, POLAND (secretary at gust.org.pl).

:: ====================================================================== ::
                        Application form
:: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ::

Full name _______________________________________________________________

Association (if any) ____________________________________________________

Address _________________________________________________________________

email ______________________ phone _____________________

Topic of report delivered (if any) _______________________________________

I have no special dietary needs ___  I am a vegetarian ___

other dietary needs ______________________________________________________

I would like to share a room with ________________________________________

Arrival date: __________________    Departure date: ______________________

Please sent before 10th April, 1999 to the Organizers: Jola
Szelaty\'nska, Uniwersyteckie Centrum Komputeryzacji UMK,
Gagarina 7, 87-100 Toru\'n, POLAND (or via email: secretary at gust.org.pl).

The payment should be made to: Bank Gda\'nski, I Oddzial w Toruniu,
Polska  Grupa Uzytkownikow Systemu TeX GUST,
account number: 11601612-5890-132, or in cash on arrival.