Advanced Document Processing tutorial by H. Hagen 13.12. 4PM, FI MU

Petr Sojka sojka at informatics.muni.cz
Fri Dec 10 00:12:17 CET 1999

 Czechoslovak TeX                  Masaryk University Brno
 Users  Group CSTUG          &     Faculty of Informatics

                   invite you to the tutorial

                Advanced Interactive Documents

                           given by

                          Hans Hagen

  Abstract: Although some 20 years old, TeX can still
  do a pretty good job when it comes to producing
  advanced documents. For instance, TeX is one of
  the few programs that can produce sophisticated
  PDF. Both worlds meet in pdfTeX, a program that
  is developed in the Czech republic.
  Ever since PDF came around, we have been designing
  interactive document using TeX and especially pdfTeX.
  In this presentation I will therefore circle around
  the following topics:
  --  the pros and cons of PDF as information carrier
  --  why and when (not) to use TeX
  --  some characteristics of interactive documents
  --  how documents can become programs
  --  designing intelligent documents (using JavaScript)
  --  the importance of structure and flexible coding
  --  how to make those documents yourself

  During the presentation, I will introduce the tools
  that we use to produce these documents. The main
  objective of this presentation is to demonstrate
  that TeX users can operate at the frontiers of document
  production.

 Tutorial will be given at Faculty of Informatics,
 Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic,
 Botanicka 68a, on Monday December 13th, 1999,
 4:00 PM in multimedia auditorium D1. It may last up to
 four hours (with coffee breaks).

Please, register with secretary at cstug.cz to attend.

Hans Hagen is current NTS project leader. He is a
director of PRAGMA, Advanced Document Processing.