TUG97, the 18th TeX Users Group meeting

Petr Sojka sojka at daeron.fi.muni.cz
Tue Apr 1 15:54:04 CEST 1997

Announcement of the 18th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group

July 28 - August 1, 1997
Lone Mountain Conference Center
San Francisco, California

We would like to extend an invitation to TeX users around the world to
join us in one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world.

The theme of this year's meeting is "TeX Comes Home". Papers have been
submitted in the following general areas:

* Picture this: the TeXxie approach to graphical illustration
* Tooling up: where are we with TeX?
* TeX and Scientific Publishing on the Internet
* TeX behind the scenes: what is our relationship to SGML?
* TeX and the real world
* LaTeX --- state of the art
* Multilingual typography without boundaries

There are still timeslots available for additional papers---If you were
considering submitting a paper, please contact the program committee at
mailto:tug97-l at mail.tug.org.

We also welcome exhibitors and those who wish to conduct workshops in
TeX-related topics.

Besides the formal presentations, you will also enjoy the commercial
exhibits,
posters, workshops, and "Birds-of-a-Feather" sessions.

We hope to arrange bursary funds for support of students and those
participants
who demonstrate need. For bursary requests, send email to
mailto:bursary at mail.tug.org or by postal mail to

       TUG'97 Bursary Committee
       135 Center Hill Road
       Plymouth, MA 02360 USA

Contact Information

For complete details, please see our Web page at
http://www.tug.org/tug97 or
request an email package from malito:tug97-l at mail.tug.org.

If you are interested in attending and wish to be kept up to date with
the
latest conference information including progam, cost, etc., please send
email to
malito:tug97-l at mail.tug.org.