assistance available for TUG96

karl at tug.cs.umb.edu karl at tug.cs.umb.edu
Thu May 30 12:59:24 CEST 1996

[Please redistribute wherever you see fit.]

As you may already know, this year's TeX Users Group conference will be
sponsored by CyrTUG, held in Dubna, Russia, from July 28 to August 2;
see http://www.tug.org/tug96, or send email to tug96 at pds.jinr.ru.

Due to generous contributions from TUG, GUTenberg, and UK TUG, some
money is available for assistance, especially for people who would not
otherwise be able to attend.  (You do not need to be a member of TUG or
any other user group to apply, although we strongly encourage it.)

To apply, send electronic mail to bursary at mail.tug.org
(or bursary at tug.cs.umb.edu).
If you do not have email, you can send paper mail to:
  TUG Bursary Committee / 135 Center Hill Rd. / Plymouth, MA 02360 / USA.
All requests will be treated confidentially.

Please include the following:

    a. reasons for seeking funding
    b. travel dates (to allow us to calculate accommodations costs)
    c. estimated travel cost (by most efficient and least expensive means)
    d. possible sources of other funding available to you (university,
       user group, etc.)

While we generally cannot provide complete funding, we intend to do the
best we can: accommodations may be shared, some fees may be waived, etc.

We highly recommend you also seek funding from your institution, your
local user group (if you are a member, and if this is something they do).
Letters of invitation are available upon request.

Order of arrival is a factor in making allocations, so apply early.
Applications from new TeX users, first-time attendees of TeX
conferences, and speakers whose papers have already been accepted are
especially welcome.

Happy TeXing to all,

Karl Berry, kb at cs.umb.edu
on behalf of the TUG Bursary Committee, bursary at mail.tug.org