Obtekani obrazku -- prehled

Petr Sojka sojka at daeron.ics.muni.cz
Tue Oct 31 23:02:16 CET 1995

Vazeni,

pomerne castym dotazem (FAQ) je obtekani obrazku v TeXu.
Nize uvedeny prehled na nej odpovida.
Petr Sojka

: Subject: Re: flowing text around figures in LateX
:
: There are a couple of style files that purport to do this. But they all
: have their limitations because the TeX machine isn't really designed to
: solve this.
:
: flow.sty, floatfig.sty, figures.sty, picinpar.sty, picins.sty (from a
: package picins), window.sty, wrapfig.sty
:
: Here is a brief impression (from the source code, and some experiments):
:
: figures.sty:
:
:     \rightfig{width}{height}{caption indication}{caption}
: 		... paragraph text ...
:     similar \leftfig
:
:     You must specify the width and height of your picture yourself. No
:     possibility to include it in table of figures/tables without additional
:     effort.
:
: picinpar.sty:
:
:     \begin{window}[#lines before, l|r|c, picture contents, caption}
: 	... paragraph text ...
:     \end{window}
:
:     Gives the possibility to specify that the paragraph must have advanced
:     a number of lines before the picture begins. Width and height will be
:     deduced from the contents. The picture may span several paragraphs. The
:     picture can be positioned left, right or in the center of the page.
:
:     Does not work with the amstex.sty option.
:
:     \begin{figwindow}
:     \begin{tabwindow} the same with inclusion in the table of figures or
:     tables resp..
:
:     NOTE: I have studied the code of this package extensively and it is
:     badly programmed. There is a lot of redundant code and worse, it is
:     buggy. E.g. if you set \box0=\hbox{l}\parskip=\ht0 and you have plain
:     text in the paragraph around the figure you will loose the text!!!
:
:     Moreover if you center the picture and the lines at the left and right
:     of the picture don't have the standard height (e.g. because you have a
:     formula like $A^n_i$ in one of the parts) they don't line up properly.
:
: wrapfig.sty:
:
:     \begin{wrapfigure}[height of figure in lines]{l|r}[overhang]{width}
: 		{figure, caption etc.}
:     \end{wrapfigure}
:     Similar for wraptable.
:
:     Height can be ommitted and will be calculated in that case.
:     The {l|r} parameter can aslo be specified as inside or outside, and it
:     can be used to indicate that the picture should float.
:     Will be counted as figure/table.
:     Does not work in combination with list environments, but can be used in
:     a parbox or minipage, and in twocolumn format.
:
:
: flow.sty:
:
:     \flow[L|R]{paragraph text}{figure box}
:
:     figure must be in a TeX box.
:     A frame will always be drawn.
:     No captions.
:
: floatfig.sty:
:
:     \begin{floatingfigure}{figure}
:     \end{floatingfigure}
:
:     Will be counted as figure. The last time that I tried this I couldn't
:     get it working.
:
: floatflt.sty (actually a LaTeX2e package):
:     This is an improved version of floatfig for LaTeX2e:
:     \begin{floatingfigure}[option]{figure}
:     \end{floatingfigure}
:     More or less similar floatingtable.
:     The tables/figures can be set left/right or alternating on even/odd pages.
:     Works with the multicol package. Doesn't work well in the neighbourhood
:     of list environments unless you change your LaTeX document.
:
: window.sty:
:
:     \windowbox[toplines][inwindow: contents][ratio: l r]
: 	... paragraph text ... \par
:
:     Gives the possibility to place a picture on an arbitrary location
:     in a paragraph (e.g. on 2/3 of the width)
:     No captions or table of figures inclusion.
:     According to the author there are problems when inserting boxes at the
:     end of a page or at the beginning of a section. This style is no longer
:     supported.
:
: picins.sty is part of a large package that allows inclusion of pictures
: (e.g. with shadow boxes, various MSDOS formats etc)
:
:     \parpic(width,height)(x-off,y-off)[Options][Position]{Picture}
:     Paragraph text....
:
:     All parameters except the Picture are optional. The picture can be
:     positioned left or right, boxed with a rectangle, oval, shadowbox,
:     dashed box, a caption can be given which includes it in the List of
:     figures.
:
:     This is the only package that I tried that correctly works inside an
:     enumerate/itemize item. It does not, however work with
:     enumerate/itemize besides the picture (i.e. started after the \parpic
:     command) but neither does any of the other packages as far as I could
:     discern.
:
:     The only disadvantage for some people will be that the documentation is
:     in German. I have included a summary in English as picins.txt on CTAN.
:
: Picins looks like the best and nicest to me. I would like to receive
: additions or corrections to the above list.
:
: Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.ruu.nl>