BMV - GhostScript front end for Linux, version 1.1 released

Jan Kybic XKYBIC at cslab.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Jan 23 10:34:38 CET 1995

Hello everybody, Unix users in particular,

I am glad to announce a new release of BMV - version 1.1.

What is BMV ?
BMV is a small program written by my with help of many people on the
net. BMV serves as a front-end for GhostScript, public domain
PostScript interpreter. I use it mainly for previewing PostScript
files generated by DVIPS from my TeX documents. Using BMV you can
view your documents comfortably, with zooming and shifting. It is not
yet as good as DVISCR from EmTeX but IMHO it can do all the main
things.

Platforms:
It currently runs under Linux and William Bader
(wbader at csee.lehigh.edu) has ported it to SCO Unix. I hope that more
ports will follow shortly.
It does not need X Windows and is therefore perfectly suitable for
low-end machines (even 386SX with 4MB will do).

Where to get it from?
I have just uploaded bmv-1.1.tar.gz onto sunsite.unc.edu
/pub/Linux/Incoming
It should be eventualy moved to: /pub/Linux/apps/graphics/viewers

What is new in this version:
Many small improvements, the greatest ones being: colour support,
virtual console switching, more tolerance towards PostScript file
format, more command line switches, more interactive commands,
port to SCO Unix.

I will be glad if you get and try it and let me know about the bugs
you find and improvements you suggest.
                                        Jan