Release 1.2 of Omega/WEB2C

John Plaice plaice at iad.ift.ulaval.ca
Sun Dec 10 11:06:14 CET 1995

I am happy to announce that release 1.2 of Omega, web2c version,
is now ready to be used.

The files can be found in

ftp://ftp.ens.fr/pub/tex/yannis/omega

---

File first.tex is (cursory) documentation.

File mfsrc.tar.gz contains METAFONT source
for a backwards font necessary for printing
the weaved source.

File tie-2.4.tar.gz contains the source for
the tie program, required for compiling the
sources to Omega.

File otp.tar.gz contains the source for the
various programs used to manipulate .otp
and .ctp files.

Files om121.tar.gz and om122.tar.gz form
together the web2c source tree for Omega.
The entire TeX-MF web2c source tree is there,
but you can compile just the stuff for Omega,
see the base Makefile.in for details.

---

I also have a DOS port, originally done by Kalle Klauks
of Tartu, Estonia, which I have modified somewhat.
I hope to have it ready for later this week.

---

Major redesign of certain aspects, especially pertaining
to size and performance, are being looked at.  Please do use
this system, and report any bugs, errors, etc. to the list
or to plaice at ift.ulaval.ca

---

I am very sorry that this release took so long.
Since the referendum on Quebec independence,
I have had to fight harassment coming from
certain colleagues in my department, as I had
publicly opposed the racism and sexism in the
Quebec nationalist movement. More on that later.

Regards,
	John Plaice
	Departement d'informatique
	Universite Laval