Draft of typeset version of the FAQ (fwd)

Petr Sojka sojka at daeron.ics.muni.cz
Mon Nov 7 20:47:43 CET 1994

Subject: Draft of typeset version of the FAQ
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 17:39:33 +0000
From: Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>

The UKTUG committee is working on a new version of the TeX FAQ, for
publication in the UKTUG magazine Baskerville.

I have just installed the current state of the work on ftp.tex.ac.uk
in tex-archive/usergrps/uktug/faq/ -- it should propagate to the other
CTAN sites soon.

We would welcome any comments that interested parties may have to
make.  In particular, additions to the list of `required questions'
(preferably with ready-supplied answers...) are solicited.

There are one or two queries (the footnotes typeset in typewriter),
which remain to be answered.

Interesting files are:

*.tex,*.sty should enable you to typeset the document, if that's what
turns you on...  Typesetting requires a current production LaTeX2e

newfaq.dvi    typeset to require current psnfss2e-style times and
              helvetica fonts
newfaq-cm.dvi typeset in computer modern
newfaq.ps     set for a 300dpi printer (the only remaining one I have
              access to...)
required-questions questions that _I_ know remain to be answered
ChangeLog     Well, you might find it interesting (I don't
              particularly)

A WWW version of the thing is available at URL
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

We intend to make a plain text version to be fed back to Bobby
Bodenheimer; the effort proceeds with his blessing...

Robin Fairbairns

Robin (Campaign for the Third Programme) Fairbairns  rf at cl.cam.ac.uk
U of Cambridge Computer Lab, Pembroke St, Cambridge  CB2 3QG, UK
Private page: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rf/robin.html