QFig Ver 1.00 at CTAN (fwd)

Petr Sojka sojka at daeron.ics.muni.cz
Mon May 9 19:29:49 CEST 1994

Forwarded message:
: To: emtex-user at methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de
: From: tiedtke at vnwz01.uni-muenster.de
: Subject: QFig Ver 1.00 at CTAN
:
: On behalf of the authors I put their program QFIG100.EXE in the
: Incoming-Directory of ftp.dante.de. It is now at
: tex-archive/support/qfig/qfig100.exe (145353 bytes).
a take ftp.muni.cz:pub/tex/CTAN/support/qfig/qfig100.exe
--ps
:
: This is a DOS drawing-program that generates output for PicTeX and EPIC
: resp. EEPIC. It works like TeXCAD. QFig should work at least with AT286 and
: above (386/486) and any EGA or VGA-Card.
:
: Here's an extract of QFIG.DOC:
:
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
:                        QFIG   (Ver.1.0 : 7/7/1993)
:
: QFIG is a graphics program for LaTeX / Ngraph for use on IBM Compatible
: (MS-DOS) and Toshiba J-3100 PCs. This was converted and  modified from the
: NEC PC9801 qfig 0.9c version written by MR T. Iwakuma
: (bear at hashi1.civil.tohoku.ac.jp) using Quick-Basic.
:
:         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
: modify it at will, however, if you make modifications/bug fixes to this
: program, please send it to us first for redistribution to prevent many
: different versions from appearing all over at the same time and also to
: keep other users up to date with improvements to QFIG. I would also
: appreciate it if our names are not removed from this document. This is to
: enable people with questions, comments or suggestions to be able to contact
: us.
:         This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
: WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
: or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Whoever uses it does so at her/his own
: risk. We cannot take any responsibility on correct function or correct
: documentation.
:
: The source should soon be available through the same channel that you got
: QFIG from.
:
:
:  Questions and Comments:
: If you have any complaints or suggestions, please inform us (preferably in
: english) at the email addresses below. We shall consider any reasonable
: suggestion, but we will use our own judgment on changes since our time
: resources are limited.
:
:                         William Ofosu-Amaah & Lazhar Ben-Brahim
:
:                         e-mail: william at peken.fuchueis.toshiba.co.jp
:                          -<now: mxe04425 at niftyserve.or.jp >-
:                                 brahim at peken.fuchueis.toshiba.co.jp
:
: We would like to thank Mr. T. Iwakuma and also special thanks to Simon
: Maxwell for the Logo design, to Ken Tanaka, K. Take and Phil Swan for their
: significant contributions in this conversion.
:
:
: The QFIG program contains the following:
:     QFIG.EXE     - The .exe file for QFIG
:     QFIG.DOC     - This document (English)
:     QFIGJP.DOC   - Japanese Language DOC file
:     QFIG_SET.DAT - A file for setting your own user-data
:     Q-EEPIC.TEX  - Used to compile figures outputted in eepic code
:     Q-PICTEX.TEX - Used to compile figures outputted in pictex code
:     QFIG3PLE     - QFIG example file
:     EEPICSUP.STY - Supplement style file to Eepic and LaTeX for
:                    adjusting shading pattern
:
: 1. NOTES
:
: (i) This version will only run on EGA/VGA/SVGA PCs. There is no CGA version yet.
:  (ii) J-3100 use (in Japan):
:         The use of this program on J-3100 PCs requires the capability of
: changing the screen mode to English Mode (i.e. 640 x 480 dots) by using
: programs such as Dynascrn, English MS-DOS V3.3 + or Japanese-English MS-DOS
: V5.0 +
:
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
:
:
: One of the authors told me, that they are still developing this program.
: But they haven't got the time right now.
:
: The original place was:
:
: ftp.tohoku.ac.jp (130.34.8.9) under directory:
: pub/msdos/ibmpc
: file:qfig100.exe
:
:
: Uwe Baumert
:
: *    Institute for General Zoology and Genetics     Fax  +48 251 83-4675       *
: *    University of Muenster                         Fax  +48 251 83-4723       *
: *    Schlossplatz 5                                                            *
: *    D-48149 Muenster, GERMANY    E-MAIL: Tiedtke at VNWZ01.Uni-Muenster.DE       *